The Community Facilities Service is specifically aimed at Village Halls Management Committees, private owners, or Parish Councils who also exercise a responsibility for a community building or facility.
Village halls and community buildings are such a valuable asset for a community. Did you know that:
- Just under three-quarters of England’s 10,000 village halls are owned freehold by local community groups
- Just over three-quarters are registered charities
- Half provide health and wellbeing services
- Three-quarters are used by preschool groups and nurseries
- Three-quarters are a venue for arts and cultural activity
- A tenth provide retail services
Through the Community Facilities Advisors, ACRE supports the 80,000 volunteers who run halls and similar rural community buildings.
Our Community Facilities membership is excellent value at only £40 per year (1st April to 31st March). Becoming a member assists the charity to sustain its work and provides you with the following benefits:
- 5 hours free Telephone & Email support
- Discounts on visits from our Rural Officer or Community Facilities Advisor
- Electronic copy of our Annual Report
- Priority invitations to Northamptonshire ACRE’s social events
- Invitation to attend Annual General Meeting
- Advice on Funding and application processes
- Advertising your news, events and recruitment opportunities – all members can promote their news or events on our website, via our E-bulletin service or in our magazine, free of charge.
- 10% Discount on off peak bookings at the Hunsbury Hill Centre
- Discounts on all our ‘charged for services’ including Community Led Planning Packages
- Discounts on OCSI Profile reports highlighting key statistics in your area
- E-bulletins providing you with essential information about rural events, projects, grants and funding opportunities.
In addition our trained Community Facilities Advisor offers the following to our members;
- Assistance with hall/charity management
- Access to specialist legal advice
- Information on legislation applicable to community buildings
- Electronic copy of our bi-monthly newsletter, dedicated to Village Halls & Community Buildings, which gives all the latest news on grants, legal regulations, charity news, and maintenance and administration information affecting community buildings
- Free electronic copies of ACRE Village Hall Information Sheets, charged to non members at £10 per fact sheet and other publications covering all the aspects of managing a village hall and a community building.
- EXCLUSIVE TO COMMUNITY FACILITY MEMBERS! ACRE Publications – members are entitled to a 20% discount on ACRE’s model documents for village and community halls, including a model hiring agreement and a model deed of trust.
You can also request practical advice on a range of issues such as:
- Village Hall and Community Building management
- Funding and Grant applications
- Strengthening your group or organisation
- Risk Assessments
- Policies & Procedures
- Phonographic Performance Limited (PPL)
HOW DO I JOIN?
If you have not received a copy of the membership form please contact us on 01604 765888 and we would be happy to send one out to you.
If you would like further information please contact us on 01604 765888 or email email@example.com